Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some of my goals

So, these are the things I've been working on as of lately.

1. No meat. I stopped eating meat about 6 months ago. My skin cleared up, I lost weight, I generally feel better. It's also forced me to read the labels of food, and I've been really surprised at some of the things I've seen. I'm planning on making that a permenent lifestyle change.

2. Intentional daily excercize. I'm pretty active, but I'm not intentional about it. A friend and I are going to start going walking when we would normally go out to coffee. I also have a gym membership, and I'm going to start going back to water arobics 3 days a week. I was faithful for months, but I got sick and then fell off the bandwagon.

3. Lots of water. I drink a lot, but again, I'm not intentional about it, and would drink more if I was. My goal is 32 ounces a day, if not more.

4.Paying attention to portion size. Jasmine was telling me that Vitamin Water is good for you, and I told her to look at how much sugar they contain. She said 13 grams. What she didn't realize is that the bottle she drank was 4 servings! It's easy to overlook, so I'm trying to make it a point to pay more attention

4. Completing a daily food log. When I do this, I eat far less in calories (ususally right around 1200-1300 calories a day)then when I don't.

My goals are not losing weight, or being thin or not eating any fat. If I lose weight because I'm being healthy, then awesome, but when I focus on that, the first time I step on the scale and don't see results, I give up. I don;t lose quickly, which is discourging. So I will focus on the health side.

So there it is! I'm off to enjoy my lunch of a veggie burger, salad and a nice glass of water. Then I'm going to walk the dog. Yay!

No comments: