Thursday, July 24, 2008

Emotional starving...

Yesterday (well, it's after Midnight, so I guess the day before yesterday) was an awful day. Awful! It started out great, got up early, had a long conversation with a friend, ate a nice, healthy breakfast. Then it happened. I went to the In-laws and there was a huge blow up fight. I got yelled at like crazy for something that I had nothing to do with. Matt wasn't there (of course) and I left in hysterics. I got in my car, stopped by Matt's work to let him know what had happened (and am so blessed to have a husband that will defend me), then I got home and cried on the phone to a friend. Right as I hung up, I headed for the fridge. I stopped myself because I knew if I started eating, I wouldn't stop without feeling like I ruined everything I've been working for.

So I took a shower and cried it all out. I still felt the emotional void that I normally fill with food, and Matt wasn't going to be home for a few more hours. So I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and watched TV. Yeah, healthy right? Actually, it's a vast improvement from normal. Not only that, but I made it a point to sip it slowly. I don't even usually drink soda, but I notice that it's sweet enough to curb my sweet craving, but I don't enjoy the fizziness, so I'm not tempted to drink any more. I also don't drink diet things, but the 100 calories aren't too bad.

So I think I handled it well. Kept right under 1200 calories. Even enjoyed some time at Starbucks, sipping a skinny latte with the hub. I didn't end up working out, and I can't swim until next week because I have an ear infection. I did workout to wii for 30 minutes today though,a do feel great! Overall, I'm feeling awesome!

No comments: