Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Shred (aka: one way to kill a fat girl)



WOW! I now know how people on The Biggest Loser lose weight so quickly. I decided to get a copy of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I heard some great things about it, and had been wanting to try it out. Now, I watch Biggest Loser, and I know that Jillian can be pretty tough. What I didn't expect, was for the "beginners" level of The Shred to kill me. Boy did it ever!

I drank a glass of ice water, and turned it on. I was tired after the 1 minute warm-up...lol! I stuck with it, but noticed something interesting. Even her "backup girls" were breaking a sweat. These are girls that are obviously seasoned in their exercise profession. Not to mention, I think they weighed 105lbs all together! ;-) I am a big girl! Anything they do is going to be about 50 times more intense for me. About 10 minutes into it, I was so close to turning it off. I didn't though, I stuck with it. It didn't get any easier, and I had to modify the already modified versions of the exercises. I couldn't even get up after the "cool down"! I feel it, and it feels good. But it's going to be a LONG 30 days!!

No comments: