Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dude, my abs HURT! Wait, I have abs? (Shred day 2)




Ok, Jillian Michaels is both my best friend and my worst enemy right now! My whole body hurts! Typing this is painful! Never mind that when she's lecturing me about "pushing through the pain" and telling me "if you want a 20 minute workout that works you don't get to rest" I have to tell myself not to through my hand-weight through the TV!

I woke up sore. Not just "oh, I'm a little from my work-out yesterday" sore. More like "How in the heck am I going to get out of bed?" sore! I have to say it's a good feeling! It's been a long time since a workout has kicked my butt as much as this one has. Doing "The Shred today was both more challenging, and easier then yesterday. Yesterday, I was learning the moves. Heck, I didn't even know how to do a crunch properly. I've done crunches before, but never felt sore-- which means I must not have been doing it right. Today, I feel like someone socked me in the gut. Now that I know the moves, it's a challenge to stick with them!

I thought that I would start posting what I've been eating. I'm trying to stick to between 1200-1300 calories a day.

That's 1,127 Calories total! Oh yeah, plus the Oatmeal raisin cookie I had... so 1,227! ;-)
I'm not trying to push vegetarianism here, but getting my protein from sources other then meat has made eating low cal a lot easier. If you're at all familiar with the volumetric diet, you know what I mean. I eat a lot of low-cal foods, so I never feel hungry. I eat a lot of black-beans which are relatively low in calories considering the amount of protein they contain. Of course, I've been trying to cut down the dairy in my diet for many reasons (too many hormones, saturated fat, and deplorable mistreatment of dairy cows to name a few) but it has been the single most challenging thing for me (as you can tell by my food log). Way harder then giving up meat ever was. I try to stick to organic dairy, but there are a ton of vegan options that I could do, I just have to make up my mind to do it.

I'll post my Mushroom Stroganoff recipe later! It's really yummy for being so low in calories!

No comments: