Sunday, August 16, 2009

-15




Well, it's taken some time, but I am down 15lbs!! I have been for a month. I gained about 5lbs while we were moving, and eating junk, and I slowly started losing it again. I'd be lying if I said that dieting is fun--it's not. It's a challenge! It was a challenge for me in high school, in college, and now as a married adult. Being married to someone that is naturally thin makes it worse. I love my husband, but that man can eat! He knows how hard I try, and is constantly saying that he eats more healthfully because of me. That makes me feel better because at least he knows I really do try to be healthy.

One day Matt and I were talking about calories. I've been tracking my calories daily, and have been sticking to a diet between 1400 and 1600 calories a day. Hardly starving! So he decided he wanted to track his calories too. So the next day we both ate normally and tracked how many calories we eat without trying to watch it. I came in at about 1400-1500. Now I realize that no matter what, my eating wouldn't have been totally normal because I know how many calories are in what. But Matt's total-4250! HOLY COW!! For a 150lb man, that is a lot. Does he gain weight? NEVER! Needless to say, I didn't speak to him for the rest of the day...lol! I'm kidding!

It just shows me the importance of "movement". Sure, I have some metabolism issues, but the fact that my husband can eat over 4,000 calories in a day, but not gain weight says something. He rides his bike a lot, he's constantly walking at work, he likes to workout. In him lies the secret of skinnyhood! MOVEMENT! I work from home, so the majority of my day is at the computer, with household chores in-between. So I have to be intentional about movement. If I want to lose weight, I have to move! More on that later!

No comments: